Well Green was the site of the main village well. The circular stone monument now caps the well. In historic photographs, cows can be seen grazing and part of the area was fenced off. In 1931 the open space was larger, extending to Buchanan Road. Part had been used as a putting green but it was by then derelict. To preserve the land as an amenity for the village the Killearn Trust was formed in the following year, at the instigation of Gilbert Innes (a shipowner, who lived at Gartaneaglais) and Sir George Wilson (born at Carbeth, he was the local county councillor), both commemorated in a plaque on the well head. The Trust bought the land from the Killearn estate for £300. There was a plan to build a putting green on part of the site but this was never carried through.
Parts of the plot were sold to Stirlingshire Council to build houses and the path to Buchanan Road. These houses, completed in 1963, were the last of the post-war council house building. This started in 1948 with the houses at the top end of Buchanan and Graham Roads. Houses on Crosshead Road were built in1957 and the remainder of Buchanan and Graham Road in 1959. With some further houses built at Lettreburn by the A81, at its peak there were over 100 council houses in the village.
Buchanan Road was named after the local family or possibly just after George Buchanan, while Graham Road was also named after the local family or after John Graham of Killearn (died 1755), a relation of and factor to the Duke of Montrose and sworn enemy of Rob Roy.