The Village Hall was built in 1826, and was formerly the village’s kirk. By 1825, the Old Kirk, built in 1734, was in need of serious repairs. The lowest estimate received for the work was £805, more than the heritors were willing to pay. James McLuckie of Stirling quoted £960 to build a new church, based on the kirk he had built at Fintry. The heritors agreed to the new build. The site, formerly a quarry, was provided by John Blackburn of Killearn House for £20. The final cost was £1,056 8s 1d. The extension at the west end, originally the Session House and Vestry, was added in 1874.
When the new Kirk was completed in 1882 next to it, the building became the Parish Halls. Archibald Orr Ewing, who paid for the new kirk, insisted that the old kirk be retained as a hall for community use (and managed by the Kirk Session). After the Church of Scotland reunited with the United Free Church in the village in 1931, the Kirk started to use the Free Church building as a church hall, and the old kirk became the Village Hall.
After the Second World War, a village appeal was made for funds to help returning ex-serviceman. Not all the funds were used and the remainder was put towards refurbishing and enlarging the Village Hall. One condition was that the hall should be managed not just by the Kirk Session but by the wider community. The Kirk Session transferred the hall to the local council in 1949 and a new, community-based management committee took over the running of the hall.
The new extensions were completed in 1953, not very sympathetically. One architectural guide suggested that they ‘indecently assaulted’ the old building. They were swept away in a major redevelopment and extension of the building, which opened in 2013. The majority of the funding for the extension came from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. Further contributions were provided by a range of charitable trusts, Awards for All (Lottery funded) and village residents. Ownership was transferred from Stirling Council to the Killearn Community Futures Company at this point.
There are some displays of village history inside.
The gates into the Village Hall were erected in 1953 by the Killearn Trust to celebrate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth.