The launch of the Trail

This cottage, also called Kirkhouse Cottage, dates from 1791 and is one of the oldest houses in Killearn. The sunken site may reflect the level of the road before the road was improved after the introduction of tolls in 1791. Most of its croft land is now occupied by the houses of Harper’s Road (hence the name). The house was extended in the 1990s.

Maggie Harper, who was born in 1841, lived in the house during the late 1800s and early 1900s.